Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good to be back!

We made it! The long flight from Philadelphia was uneventful. The only stressful bit was whether or not Ben would make the connection in Philly. He did:

Ben: I just made the connection that US Airways said couldn't be made.
Sondy: But isn't that what MEET is all about? Making the connections that they say can't be made?

Awesome.

So after Talya, Mustafa, Abeer, and Areej drove us back from the airport, we took a few minutes to settle into our apartments. We're staying in Hebrew University apartments in the Mt. Scopus campus. 15 instructors, 15 bedrooms in 3 apartments, 3 bathrooms, 3 kitches...and we have AC! Not bad. Some people went to buy food and cook some dinner, while a few of us decided to explore. We got a good vantage of the Old City and the sunset from Mt. Scopus and saw a bit of our neighborhood, but I'm too lazy (and the internet is probably too slow right now) to upload photos. But the city is beautiful and I'd forgotten how much I'd missed it. There's also a falafel stand around the corner that I'm excited to try soon. But now it's off to bed. Preparation and work start bright and early tomorrow morning!


p.s. As far as I know, this marks the first time in MEET's history that the instructors had working internet upon arrival. Way to go, MEET staff!

2 comments:

Sara said...

yummy falafel! I miss you. I hope that you are having a good time :)

Teknik Informatika said...

is it a nice trip?